General Questions

Do you run workshops?
Photoventures does not operate workshops. Our tours are designed to take you to the very best locations at the right time to allow you to practice the art of photography. That said there is expert advice on hand to help and guide should you require. With a Photoventures tour all the planning and arrangements are left to the experts and the client just has to enjoy the photography

Do you only do landscape tours?
Certainly not! Photoventures offer a wide range of tours covering many aspects of travel photography. One of our fundamental aims is to offer the client a diverse array of photography on any given trip. We are always looking to add new twists to popular locations in order that our clients can enjoy a wide variety of photography.

How long are your tours?
Our tours vary in length depending on which location we visit. When we visit the USA our tours are usually eighteen days or more including travel. This allows us to incorporate over two weeks of actual photography on the ground. Other tours vary in length but all are planned to offer our clients great value for money.

Do I need a visa for the USA?
When you visit the USA you can take advantage of the Visa Waiver scheme. You will need a machine readable passport with more than six months left to run. Shortly this requirement will be changed and biometric passports will be required. Before you arrive in the USA you will be given an I90 Visa Waiver form to complete and this you will hand to Immigration on arrival to secure your 90 days Visa Waiver. Please note that everyone must pass through Immigration at the first airport they land in the USA. From 2009 the US Homeland Security insist that all passengers arriving from the United Kingdom have obtained a prior permission to enter the United States of America. This permission is called the Electronic System fro Travel Authorisation (ESTA). Application are made online at and all travellers must have this authorisation and inform Photoventures of the Application Number no later than 70 days prior to departure.

What do I do about Visa’s for other countries?
Each country has a different Visa application system though one thing remains constant, namely the requirement for the individual client to obtain their own Visa. Photoventures will offer help and advice on how to obtain visas.

What do I do about Vaccinations?
A number of countries we visit require that clients have precautionary vaccinations and take special medicine such as anti malaria medications. On these occasions Photoventures will inform clients on what vaccinations or medicines are required and how best to obtain them. Details can be obtained from you local General Practitioner, Travel Clinic of at and